One of the biggest portions of your wedding expenses will be spent on your wedding caterer. The search for the right caterer can be tedious. Many wedding caterers now provide more than food for your big day. They can provide event decor, props, lighting, and can even help in finding a venue and other vendors. Remember to always schedule a tasting at a later point so you can determine whether their flavors are right for your big day. Keep your budget in mind when choosing the right caterer for your wedding and don’t forget to ask these questions!
1. Does the wedding caterer specialize in a certain type of food? Make sure that your caterer can make a memorable meal for your wedding day. If you are looking for a specific kind of dish, find out what caterers can make it best so you can narrow down your decision.
2. Will someone be there to oversee the event? A bride and groom should have no other worries than having a fun and stress-free wedding day. Ensure that there is someone to coordinate the event and the food.
3. What is the average price range for their services? Don’t forget your budget. The price of food can climb quickly depending on how many guests are invited to the wedding and what kind of menu you are choosing. Many wedding caterers charge per-person and that doesn’t always include the extra fees, tips, drinks, and event setup. Find out how they break down their prices so it works best for you.
4. Does the caterer provide decor, linens, tables/chairs, silverware, etc.? Many wedding catering companies now provide the decor for the event as well as the food. Find out before hand so you know whether or not you need to find a vendor to rent from.
5. Will they have their own waitstaff and what will they wear? Depending on your wedding set up and the aesthetics, you may or may not want a waitstaff to serve your guests. If so, you definitely want to make sure that they fit with your theme.
6. Do you provide drinks? Will the staff serve wine with dinner? Many wedding caterers provide the drinks and alcohol for the event. This can save you the extra time spent searching for another vendor.
7. Do you do food tastings? This is the most crucial question to ask your wedding caterer. It is important to try a dish that will be served at your event so you know that you are getting the best for your guests.
8. Do they have references and photos of previous events? Talking to their previous clients can help you get a feel for what to expect on your special day. Seeing photos of events that they have worked at can show you their presentation.
A well-informed decision means addressing any questions or concerns that comes to mind.
Contact us for help planning your wedding day!